Monday, June 21, 2010

700 Miles!

Sierras, here I come! I walked into Kennedy Meadows 6/21 at 3:00pm and it feels GREAT. I visited Lake Isabella and had 50 miles until I got into KM. I did 3o miles one day and 20 the next. My legs and feet are extremely sore, but I'm taking a zero day and hope to feel 100% before I go into the Sierras.
My appetite is unsatisfiable. The first day in Lake Isabella I ate a bacon cheddar burger, double chocolate milkshake, a burger king whopper and chicken sandwich. The second day I ate a foot-long meatball sub from subway, medium fries, two double chocolate cookies, two pizza slices, bread sticks, and a chili hot dog with cheese (not to mention m&ms, even though I just mentioned them).
I could have eaten more...

Supposedly, in the Sierras, people are eating double what they normaly eat. So, I am going to have to pack more and carry some more food weight. Yum Yum Eat'em Up.

I MISS EVERYONE

4 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your ability to eat with no consequences! so proud of you bandy! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my hero!! you know you are making your food buddy jealous. i am so proud of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have done seven hundred miles??????? That is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. May Lamar Donnell commented on your link:

    "Elizabeth, will you please relay this to Lander? I can't post on her blog because I am too inept to figure out how! 700 miles is unbelievable.

    Hi Lander, I'm your mom's friend from Montgomery and I am a hiker, too. Nothing like you, but still, wish I was there! Sounds like you're eating well and that's good. Are you also doing freeze dried? It all tastes the same to me, but I think calories are calories and you sure need them. Take care and thanks for letting me share in your adventure.

    May "

    ReplyDelete