Monday, May 10, 2010

New Gear

Recap, Jay gave us his two-person tent and Jill and I are sending out tents back home. Why? Well, because we realized that we won't be hiking without the other and it's more efficient to share weight. Also, we are weenies when it comes to cold weather and two people in a tent is warmer than one person in a tent.

As for the foot factor, I got three pairs of smartwool socks and three liners (thin nylon socks). I'll probably have to replace the shoes more often, but I'll have a lot less blisters in these Nike running shoes.

During the storm, about ten days ago, the wind blew my hat away. It's not as helpful on a cactus as it is on my head, but nature thought otherwise. I would really like a UNC hat, but we'll see if I can wait it out long enough for mailing.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it is fate that blew that hat away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when is your next stop? how long do i have to mail to you? what can i mail to you?

    ReplyDelete