Monday, May 3, 2010

Week(ish) Off

Yes, I decided to take a week off. My feet are a wreck and the best way to heal is to give them some time off the trail. Therefore, I am staying on Jill's brother's sail boat. Her brother's name is Jay and he bought the boat about three weeks ago.

We took the boat, 27 feet long, out yesterday and had a blissful time sailing around Long Beach in LA county. Believe it.

Jill and I rolled into Warner Springs knowing there had to be a few changes. First off, Jill's sleeping bag is old and is not keeping her warm at night. Secondly, my feet are a mess and I need new shoes.

So, Jill is currently looking up ultralight sleeping bags and we will both probably buy liners and I'm going to hit up a running shoe store in the next few days.

Jay came to the rescue and is letting us sleep on his boat AND use his car. Do not worry, we have the hook up.

No comments:

Post a Comment