Monday, May 10, 2010

Week on the Boat

So, Jill's brother, Jay, drove us to Lake Elsinore where we settled down for the night in our new two person tent! It is so roomy and amazing. It's actally Jay's tent, but he let us borrow it for the next few monts, what a champ. He also let us sleep on his boat for the week, took us to dinner, and let us borrow his car. Don't worry, we only wrecked it twice and you can't see the damage...

The "dinner night" was a lot of fun. Mainly because Jill had an entire bottle of champagne poured all over her at the restaurant. The restaurant was a Korean barbeque place with AMAZING food and if you tell the server it's your friend's birthday you get sprayed with champagne. I'm glad it wasn't me!

I have a few pictures to load later when I have the right equipment. Sigh, one day soon I'll have access to a computer almost 24/7. Until then, I just hike to them.

I did lose my phone to the deep blue sea. It ate it right up and, yes, it did bounce. Twice, in fact and then it made a "bloop" sound into the water, never to be seen again.

The only down side to the boat was that the toilet has yet to be installed so we had to get off the boat and use the marina bathrooms any time we needed use the facilities. It was a bummer when you had to go in the middle of the night, but really can I complain? Vacation time!

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of girl scout camp-- sort of like camping but a little bit better.... waking in the middle of the night to walk to the latrine....wasnt scared of animals or anything!Anyway--- still sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete