Monday, May 3, 2010

Trail Mentality

After much discussion, Jill and I have decided to enjoy the trail as much as possible and do only what the trail gives us. We are going to maintain a laid back mentality and take breaks when needed.

At first, this week off seemed like a weak decision, but I've realized that it's the best we could have made. If we truly want to finish the trail or do as much as possible, we have to take care of what is important. Simple enough, right? For some reason the right thing always seems to be the tough decision, or I'm in a dramatic mood and everything is the end of the world as I know it.

A friend from college, Kara, found a journal she wrote in from third grade. One page read, "I sense my death is upon me. Give my teddy bear to Brad."

It's funny how dramatic we are when we are young, and then how dramatic I find myself being at age 23!

1 comment: